Dynamic Programming (DP) is usually used to solve optimization problems. The only way to get better at DP is to practice. It takes some amount of practice to be able to recognize that a problem can be solved by DP.
- Demystifying Dynamic Programming
- Dynamic Programming – 7 Steps to Solve any DP Interview Problem
- Less Repetition, More Dynamic Programming, basecs
- Dynamic Programming, James Aspnes, Yale University
Sometimes you do not need to store the whole DP table in memory, the last two values or the last two rows of the matrix will suffice.
These are essential questions to practice if you're studying for this topic.
Recommended practice questions
These are recommended questions to practice after you have studied for the topic and have practiced the essential questions.
- 0/1 Knapsack or Partition Equal Subset Sum
- Longest Common Subsequence
- Word Break Problem
- Combination Sum
- House Robber II
- Decode Ways
- Unique Paths
- Jump Game
AlgoMonster aims to help you ace the technical interview in the shortest time possible. By Google engineers, AlgoMonster uses a data-driven approach to teach you the most useful key question patterns and has contents to help you quickly revise basic data structures and algorithms. Best of all, AlgoMonster is not subscription-based - pay a one-time fee and get lifetime access. Join today for a 70% discount →